Facts About Friendship
Who is a friend actually?And more importantly who is a true friend?There are people in this world who have a very vague notion of friendship.They consider colleagues,people they associate with as friends.This Is So WrongYour colleague at work is not your friend unless you have something more in common with them than just work.Your drinking buddy is not necessarily your friend.The people who knew you at school are not necessarily your friends.One of my college friends said it so well .She said”Not Everyone is a friend.Some are just associates”.So in this post I will lay down bare the hard facts which make a person to be a friend and a true one at that.
The first thing about a friend is as a quote a friend sent me on whats app says.” A Friend is some one who can Pat You On The Back and Kick You In The Butt” as the need maybe.What this means is a friend is your mirror image albeit your conscious just as Pinocchio had Jiminy Cricket in the Walt Disney Movie.To make sure you neither sink to unmanageable depths nor get your head in the clouds.
True Friends Versus False Friends
A friend and a true friend at that always has your best interests at heart and for a healthy balanced friendship, this should be reciprocated otherwise it becomes one sided and could end up with one person feeling like a doormat.This is neither healthy nor wise.
Some friends are there only to take advantage of you or use you for their own self interests.Once their objectives are achieved they avoid you as much as possible,or dump you altogether.They will not answer your calls,and give lame excuses when you need their help or companionship.These are False Friends and the sooner you remove them from your lives the better for you as they are just parasites who want to live off you.
Facts About True Friends
- A True Friend has your Best Interests at Heart.He or She will not hesitate to tell you point blank when and if your behavior is outrageous,undisciplined or out of line.So in that way A True Friend is your conscious just like Jiminy Cricket was to Pinocchio.
- But A True Friend will also inform you when you are doing good or your behavior is commendable,even if you yourself don’t think so or are unsure.This is a very commendable quality as for a person to be healthy and balanced they need to be confident and good about themselves.
- A True Friend is there for you steadfast and steady as a rock through all of the seasons of your life.Through all your ups,through all of your downs,in the rain,in the sunshine,in the heat,in the cold they are there right beside you.Just like your shadow.
- True Friends are always ready to listen to you when you need to talk or need advise.At times they will offer you helpful advise which can really benefit you.But they will never ever impose their opinion or advise upon you forcefully.They leave it upon you to make your own judgement.
- With reference to the above,false friends will try to manipulate and persuade you to to what they want using every trick in the book .No matter if what they are suggesting could cause you great harm or severe loss.
- True Friends do not care about your status in society,whether you are rich or poor,are a success or still struggling.They will welcome you their social outings and never make you feel inferior or small.
- To add to the above let me give an example.Suppose there a group of friends who have gone out for dinner and among the group there is one who is not of the status as the others.The other friends will gladly split the bill among themselves just because they like having “the not having made it friend” among them without making the that particular friend feel out of place.
- A very special and very delicate category among true friends is one particular friend who is your BFF(Or Best Friend For Life).You trust that person with your deepest secrets.But they are also very delicate and brittle like fine china as should they decide to spill the beans they can ruin your life.More about that in another post
- True Friends are Fun to be around with.They are stress relievers and confidence boosters.They make life so much more fulfilling and fun.Life is a joy with such friends.
- Forgiveness is another very important element needed in a True Friend.Combined with understanding such a friend is truly valuable.As such people put the Greater Good Before The Lesser Good.Meaning they put the friendship first before their individual interests.
- True Friends Are Protective Of You-They will stand up for you when someone tries to belittle or put you down.But again it should be two ways.You too need to be protect your friends.
To Sum up True Friends
Are Humorous,Fun to be around with,Witty,Spontaneous,Funny,Charming,Have large Beautiful Hearts,Trustworthy.
What Would Life Be Without Friends